Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

catching up on Christmas fun

As per usual, I'm a little behind on my updating. Here are today's excuses:
  • 3 day migraine
  • Working all day every day
  • Last night my sister hit a moose with our SUV
Don't worry, she is okay. Our SUV is not, but who cares. This could have been a much sadder Christmas for my family. (It will be for the moose's family, unfortunately.)

BUT

This is not the time for being sad. It's Tibb's eve (does anyone outside of Newfoundland call December 23rd that?) and I'm getting my Christmas happy on, now that my time as a retail slave is over until after the big day.

SO

Here is what I've done over the past week or so:

Liam and I decorated my tree!

This is not my tree.
My room is big enough that I can have a 6 foot tree in my room relatively comfortably, which I love.

Getting to decorate my own tree is such a satisfaction, because it's hard for my design-savvy mom to not take over decorating the family tree. I've got some pretty damn cute ornaments too.

Just look at that face!!
After that, I worked for a couple of days, and then got Thursday off, because it was Hey Rosetta! night! Every year, the lady and gents come home to do a Christmas show. This year, for the first time, they had enough of a crowd to play two nights in our local stadium. This year, for the first time, I got to see them live. I went with Liam and my teenage cousin, and spent half the show calling my best friend in BC so she could listen.

I cannot stress enough how much I love this band. And if you ever get a chance to see them live, go do it and appreciate how crazy talented they are. In the last post I made, I posted one of their videos. I certainly hope you watched it. That video got 40,000 views, and Sirius XM donated $10,000 to Kids Help Phone because of that. So you may have helped with that. Thank you.

This is what I saw the other night. Watch and listen, and appreciate the adorable Christmas set-up they had:


If you're interested in hearing more this youtube user uploaded a couple of songs from the show. Or just spend your day video jumping through Hey Rosetta stuff on youtube. It's worth it.

Oh, and on Friday, I got word of the best Christmas gift I could possibly get. Jennifer is coming home from for Christmas!! It was already decided that she wasn't coming, and she was going to try to get home sometime in January, maybe. But then the higher ups at her job decided last minute that they would close for Christmas and remain closed until January, so she immediately booked a flight for Boxing day.

So I get my best friend for Christmas! <3

I've been baking on and off, but I have no pictures yet. Those will come tomorrow. Whether I will be able to post them or not, I can't say for sure. I hope so though. Because I'm banking on some badass peanut butter cookies.

And of course, I can't forget the best Christmas tradition: chocolate advent calendars!

Liam went hockey, I went classic.
On Christmas, I will have a new camera, and with it will come better pictures, so I may hold off on a big Christmas post until after Boxing day.

In case I don't get to write tomorrow, I will say now:

I hope your respective Christmas giver is good to you, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment